Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an adaptation of the "shrimp on the barby" recipe posted by Amy in Kansas. It was tasty and looked beautiful when done.
- 20 large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 453.59 g sirloin steak, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 small orange bell pepper, cut into 1-inch square pieces
- 1 summer squash, cut in 1-inch slices, then quartered
- 1 small onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 236.59 ml cherry tomatoes
- 4.92 ml seasoning salt
- 177.44 ml ketchup
- 22.18 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 29.58 ml honey
- 3 green onions, chopped fine
- 118.29 ml lime juice (about one lime)
- 29.58 ml fresh cilantro, chopped fine
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- Mix ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, honey, onions, lime juice and cilantro.
- Thread meat and vegetables alternately onto metal skewers (soak wooden skewers 1/2 hour in cold water). Sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Place the skewers in a shallow glass dish and pour the sauce over them. Let them marinate 15 minutes, turning once.
- Cook on the grill until browned and vegetables are tender. Baste with remaining sauce turning every few minutes until done.