Recipe by mary winecoff
This was the first place winner in the KC Masterpiece Memorable Meals Contest, NC State Fair. From Molly Jarman.
Top Review by weekend cooker
What NICE COOKIES. I told the guys at work to try a couple cookies, they went through half of them wondering about the flavor,( curious ), when I told them it was KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce, they really were surprised, even though the taste of BBQ is there, Definately taste it. They eant more, so I guess it is back to the drawing board. YOU GOT A WINNER HERE.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter (3 sticks)
- 1⁄2 cup kc masterpiece original barbecue sauce
- 3 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large bowl in the microwave (Cook on high for 1 minutes, then cook for 30 seconds at a time just until melted). Cool.
- Add barbecue sauce, 2 cups sugar and eggs to melted butter and beat well.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and spices. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and beat just until flour is incorporated.
- Refrigerate dough for several hours, until firm. Shape into small balls and roll in sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes, until firm.