Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was the first place winner in the KC Masterpiece Memorable Meals Contest, NC State Fair. From Molly Jarman.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter (3 sticks)
- 1⁄2 cup kc masterpiece original barbecue sauce
- 3 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Melt butter in a large bowl in the microwave (Cook on high for 1 minutes, then cook for 30 seconds at a time just until melted). Cool.
- Add barbecue sauce, 2 cups sugar and eggs to melted butter and beat well.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and spices. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and beat just until flour is incorporated.
- Refrigerate dough for several hours, until firm. Shape into small balls and roll in sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes, until firm.
What NICE COOKIES. I told the guys at work to try a couple cookies, they went through half of them wondering about the flavor,( curious ), when I told them it was KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce, they really were surprised, even though the taste of BBQ is there, Definately taste it. They eant more, so I guess it is back to the drawing board. YOU GOT A WINNER HERE.
different but very good!
These are fabulous. The guys like them with beer -- surprise! Before telling people these had BBQ sauce in them, the first guess from them was "molasses?" KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce is like a sweet and spicy molasses -- maybe it's the new molasses? Like 50 is the new 40? Yes>, I like to think so! Yeehaw! Thanks, Mary! Made for 123 Hit Wonders Tag.