Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a recipe from "Best of the Best in Arkansas" which I have modified for our taste. Hope you enjoy.
- 1814.36 g spareribs
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 354.88 ml catsup
- 29.58 ml vinegar
- 236.59 ml honey
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml prepared mustard
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 29.58 ml escoffier sauce or 29.58 ml any steak sauce
- 0.25 ml liquid smoke
- 0.25 ml red pepper
- Cut spareribs in serving-size portions.
- Simmer in enough water to cover plus 2 teaspoons salt for 1/2 hour.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and cook over low heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Drain ribs and place in baking pan.
- Pour sauce over ribs and bake in over 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Baste every 10 minutes with sauce.
I couldn't give it five stars because I thought the sauce was a little bland. I added more liquid smoke and added a little molasses to it.
I made this as a take-home pac for my DS, he simply loved these ribs and is asking for a repeater very soon, 5 stars all the way Nims! thanks for sharing this great recipe hon!...Kitz:)
We enjoyed these,almost the same as my recipe.Thanks