Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a recipe from "Best of the Best in Arkansas" which I have modified for our taste. Hope you enjoy.
- 4 lbs spareribs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1⁄2 cups catsup
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons escoffier sauce or 2 tablespoons any steak sauce
- 1 dash liquid smoke
- 1 dash red pepper
- Cut spareribs in serving-size portions.
- Simmer in enough water to cover plus 2 teaspoons salt for 1/2 hour.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and cook over low heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Drain ribs and place in baking pan.
- Pour sauce over ribs and bake in over 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Baste every 10 minutes with sauce.
I couldn't give it five stars because I thought the sauce was a little bland. I added more liquid smoke and added a little molasses to it.
I made this as a take-home pac for my DS, he simply loved these ribs and is asking for a repeater very soon, 5 stars all the way Nims! thanks for sharing this great recipe hon!...Kitz:)
We enjoyed these,almost the same as my recipe.Thanks