Recipe by KEA-CA
As close to my mom's recipe as I could get since she just dumps! This is what we called it growing up but it's really a sloppy joe recipe. *****THANK YOU for helping me edit to make it better CLUTTER!
Top Review by Kim127
We really enjoyed these sandwiches! Very similar to the Manwich flavor (as mentioned) but with a bit more tang. Loved this served with cole slaw and fries. Made for an easy weeknight dinner. Thanks for sharing. Made for the Fall 2008 PAC.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb hamburger
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook hamburger and onion in saucepan until meat is cooked thoroughly.
- Dump all other ingredients (except for the cornstarch and water) into pot and stir together.
- Dissolve cornstarch into water and stir into mixture.
- Cook until BBQ thickens slightly.
- Let flavors meld.
- Serve on hamburger buns.