Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a great barbecue recipe. makes a lot.
Make and share this Barbecue ( Sloppy Joes ) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 pieces celery, diced real fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle catsup
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Brown beef in skillet, slowly, without shortening.
- Remove any excess fat.
- Add other ingredients.
- Rinse can and catsup with the 1/4 cup water.
- Cook for about 40 minutes, on low heat.
- Stir occasionally.