Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I found this recipe in our local newspaper, and tweaked it just a bit to fit my tastes. It is a fantastic, easy, no-sweat dish to make in the summer because it doesn't require heating the oven up. We ate it over cooked egg noodles, with a side of cooked broccoli, and a salad. The sauce is just divine!! The leftovers are also good cold for a quick lunch. Yummy!!:)
- 4 -6 boneless pork chops
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce or 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- cooked egg noodles or prepared mashed potatoes
- In large skillet, brown chops in oil over medium heat.
- Drain off excess oil.
- Sprinkle celery, onion, brown sugar, lemon juice, and seasonings evenly over chops.
- Pour tomato sauce over all.
- Cover and simmer over low heat 1 hour, or until chops are tender, occasionally turning chops in pan.
- Serve with cooked egg noodles or mashed potatoes.
You are so right, Manda - the sauce is DIVINE! I plan to make up a batch by itself and freeze for use in other recipes and on the grill. And the chops turned out very juicy and tender. Instead of noodles or mashed potatoes, I served the chops and sauce with red beans and rice (1 box of Zatarain's - makes up in the microwave in 25 mins). The sauce ran over into the red beans & rice and it was sooooo YUMMY! I've definitely added this one to my cookbook.
Great recipe..I fryed the pork chops in a large skillet..put it in the crockpot for 4 hours. Turned out great and pork chops were very tender. Thank You
Mmmm...yummy sauce! Very quick, very easy, very good.This recipe's a keeper!