I found this recipe in our local newspaper, and tweaked it just a bit to fit my tastes. It is a fantastic, easy, no-sweat dish to make in the summer because it doesn't require heating the oven up. We ate it over cooked egg noodles, with a side of cooked broccoli, and a salad. The sauce is just divine!! The leftovers are also good cold for a quick lunch. Yummy!!:)
- 4 -6 boneless pork chops
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce or 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- cooked egg noodles or prepared mashed potatoes
- In large skillet, brown chops in oil over medium heat.
- Drain off excess oil.
- Sprinkle celery, onion, brown sugar, lemon juice, and seasonings evenly over chops.
- Pour tomato sauce over all.
- Cover and simmer over low heat 1 hour, or until chops are tender, occasionally turning chops in pan.
- Serve with cooked egg noodles or mashed potatoes.