- 2 lbs large raw shrimp (such as green king)
- 2 teaspoons chili oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 limes, juice of
- 1⁄2 ripe papaya
- 1 ripe mango (you can substitute frozen or canned if fresh is unavailable)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small red chile, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate peeled prawns with combined oil, garlic and juice for 30 minutes.
- Barbecue over a high heat until tender and just cooked.
- (3 or 4 minutes).
- Peel fruits and remove seeds.
- Cut fruit into small cubes.
- Add cilantro, chilli and vinegar and mix well.
- Serve with the shrimp.
- Even though this recipe contains a small amount of oil it is very low fat as the oil mostly remains in the left over marinade and is not eaten.