Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 3 mins
Packed with fresh flavours. This recipe is low fat and bursting with goodness!
Make and share this Barbecue Shrimp With Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs large raw shrimp (such as green king)
- 2 teaspoons chili oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 limes, juice of
- 1⁄2 ripe papaya
- 1 ripe mango (you can substitute frozen or canned if fresh is unavailable)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small red chile, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Marinate peeled prawns with combined oil, garlic and juice for 30 minutes.
- Barbecue over a high heat until tender and just cooked.
- (3 or 4 minutes).
- Peel fruits and remove seeds.
- Cut fruit into small cubes.
- Add cilantro, chilli and vinegar and mix well.
- Serve with the shrimp.
- Even though this recipe contains a small amount of oil it is very low fat as the oil mostly remains in the left over marinade and is not eaten.
I found this to easy to do and delightful to taste. I made it a second time and substituted fresh, ripe peaches for the mango with excellent results. Makes a wonderful entree.