Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe when we visited New Orleans nearly 10 years ago. We had this dish at a restaurant called Pascal's Manale. The next day I bought a cookbook there in New Orleans so I could recreate this recipe at home. Don't forget some good crusty French bread to sop up the barbecue juices!!! Good for dinner parties.
- 5 lbs large shrimp, in shell, no heads and uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 bay leaves, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons parsley, dried
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce, Tabasco
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce, prepared jar
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- Rinse and drain the shrimp.
- Layer shrimp in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a saucepan. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes or until butter is melted.
- Pour mixture over the shrimp and mix to coat shrimp.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally. This step marinades the shrimp.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Bake the shrimp for 30 minutes or until shrimp are pink.
- NOTE: This recipe is great for dinner parties since you complete all steps except baking until just before serving. Let's you enjoy your company.____For shell on shrimp I usually plan on 3/4 pound per person when serving shrimp as main entree.