Recipe by Bill Hilbrich
This will make a full meal for one person, or with a salad, make a light lunch for two. Try eating this with a spoon so that all the barbecue sauce in the bottom of the bowl can be enjoyed.
- 5 ounces of cooked baby shrimp
- 6 ounces dry pasta
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup tomato sauce or 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup Bourbon
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the pasta to 2 quarts of salted boiling water, stir, and cook until done (about 10 minutes).
- Thaw the shrimp under cold water and drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, put the olive oil in a frying pan, and then add the onion.
- When the onion is nearly transparent, add tomato sauce, vinegar, bourbon, and basil.
- Keep simmering on low heat until the pasta is nearly done.
- Add the the shrimp and tomato, stir and then add the drained cooked pasta.
- Stir, and cook over low heat for another minute, and pour into a shallow bowl.