Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very easy and one of my favorite shrimp recipes. Makes enough for 2 moderate appetites. My husband could eat the entire thing by himself, so servings depend on your cooking audience. The recipe refers to this as an appetizer, but that just seems downright silly to me. Make sure you serve this with hot bread to soak up the sauce.
- 566.99 g fresh jumbo shrimp, unpeeled
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, sliced
- 59.14 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml creole seasoning (I use Tony Chachere's)
- 14.79 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- hot French bread
- Add all ingredients to an oven-proof skillet; stir to combine.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Serve shrimp with hot French bread, cold beer or iced tea, and lots of napkins.
Oh man, these were good! Loved the flavors popping in my mouth with each bite. DW loved them too. You can bet we will be having these again!
This is great but I have to go easy on the Creole Seasoning, which I made from The Best Creole/Cajun Seasoning Mix, because my kids can't handle too many spices, but i think I over-did it on the butter. I'll cut back next time. Does anyone think melting the butter prior and mixing it with the sauce would be ok?
I've noticed before that the recipes from this cook are some of the best and this one is no exception. We really enjoyed this, only adding about a tablespoon of tabasco to make it great. Actually put it all together about 3 hours before cooking to let the flavors soak in. Thanks for sharing.