Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
This barbecue shrimp is derived from one Doe Signa, of Doe's Eat Place in Greenville, Mississippi. It calls for shrimp to be cooked over coals; but if you are willing to sacrifice the smoky flavor, they can be cooked any which way.
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, your choice (tomato based)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp, cleaned, deveined, and butterflied
- lemon, as garnish
- parsley, as garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a saucepan over med-low heat. Stir in the garlic, and cook until it is soft, 2-3 minutes.
- Add barbecue sauce, pepper, and lemon juice. Bring to simmer. Remove from heat.
- Cook the shrimp directly over white-hot coals 3-5 minutes (no longer!), turning once and basting well with the barbecue sauce while cooking.
- Serve the shrimp with the remaining basting sauce drizzled over them.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon.