Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
I used this recipe in a 4-H cooking class, and the kids thought it was fun, easy and enjoyed it. The best part is: hardly any dishes.
- 1 pint baby tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) package tofu, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 -2 bell pepper, cut into 1 to 2 inch pieces
- 1 pint mushroom
- 3 jalapenos, cut in half, no seeds
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 onion, cut into 1 to 2 inch pieces
- bamboo skewers or metal skewer
- Marinate shrimp with garlic, for at least 10 minutes.
- If using bamboo sticks, soak in water for 30 minutes before putting on BBQ, so they don't burn as easily.
- String all vegetables together on skewers.
- String the tofu, and shrimp on other skewers together, as they will cook the soonest.
- Place skewers of food on BBQ.
I figured that one pint = 2 cups for the mushrooms and tomatoes, they aren't liquid. I'm not sure what was meant by "marinate shrimp with garlic" so I just sprinkled it with garlic powder. I'm not sure why we used jalepenos, no one ate them because they are too spicy. My child did not like any part of these and my husband didn't like the tofu. I thought it was rather mediocre for shish kabobs, I like other ingredients.