Recipe by Kizzikate
This is from Southern Living Magazine, and we love it with grilled pork or chicken. Use your favorite barbecue sauce!
Top Review by queenbeatrice
These were very nice. A lovely twist on regular scalloped potatoes. I baked these in the BBQ with one side burner on and the potatoes on the opposite side, with the lid closed, for 25 minutes.
- 3 large baking potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup spicy barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 dash paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes with 1 teaspoons salt in boiling water to cover, 30-40 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly; peel and slice. Set aside.
- Stir together remaining 1/2 teaspoons salt, soup, milk, barbecue sauce, and onion salt until blended.
- Layer half each of potato slices, barbecue sauce mixture, and cheese in a sprayed 2-quart baking dish. Repeat layers; sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes, or until golden.