Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this recipe in an old church cookbook that I found at a yard sale many years ago. They are very easy to throw together and I always found my kids loved having their own "meatloaf" to eat.
- 1 lb lean ground chuck
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup catsup
- For Meatloaves:.
- Mix ground chuck, milk, bread crumbs, salt and onion together. Form into 4 patties or loaves. Place in baking dish.
- For Sauce:.
- Combine vinegar, brown sugar, Worchestershire sauce and catsup together. Pour over loaves in pan.
- Place in 350 over and bake for 35-40 minutes.
Before getting on with this review, I want to say " I can't believe no one has tried this recipe before ". I did change a couple of things though,instant onions were used instead of fresh(I was lazy). Also instead of making 4 mini loaves, 2 8 ounce loaves were formed.The amount of sauce was just right to cover both of the loaves. I baked them at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes, and they turned out perfect. Before slicing, I let them " rest " for a few minutes, and they sliced perfectly. If your looking for a basic no nonsense meatloaf, look no further you've found it. And I must say I'm also very pleased to be the first one to rate and review this recipe. Thanks for posting a recipe that will be made again and, " Keep Smiling :) "