Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is a great sauce that I love to make for baked and grilled chicken. I do not remember where I came across it but have to tell you the 1 teaspoon of pepper is a little hot for us. So, I use only 1/2 teaspoon. Hope you love this just as much as we do!
- 1 (12 ounce) Dr. Pepper cola
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a medium sauce pan, combine Dr. Pepper and the next 8 ingredients.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer, 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Let cool.
- Place chicken in shallow dish.
- Pour 1/2 of sauce over the chicken, marinate 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Then prepare your chicken the way you prefer. Using the rest of the sauce to brush the chicken with.
Delicious! Perfect amount of sauce for four pounds of chicken on the grill. Will definitely make again. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
A former co-worker of mine used to make wonderful Kielbasa with in a Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce in the crock-pot. I've been trying to figure out the receipe for years... This is the closest to it I've found. I substituted steak sauce for the Worcestershire, mixed all of the ingredients in a bowl; dumped it into the crock pot with enough sausage (about 1 1/2 lbs; cut into 1/4" slices) so that it was all still submerged and left it on low for 6-8 hours. Delicious!!
I made this to pour over meatballs. It was such a hit at my house... definitely a new favorite! I'm contemplating making it in bulk to have on hand all the time. I will definitely be making it more often. It is so yummy!