Recipe by picklzon2
This is a great sauce that I love to make for baked and grilled chicken. I do not remember where I came across it but have to tell you the 1 teaspoon of pepper is a little hot for us. So, I use only 1/2 teaspoon. Hope you love this just as much as we do!
- 1 (12 ounce) Dr. Pepper cola
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sauce pan, combine Dr. Pepper and the next 8 ingredients.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer, 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Let cool.
- Place chicken in shallow dish.
- Pour 1/2 of sauce over the chicken, marinate 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Then prepare your chicken the way you prefer. Using the rest of the sauce to brush the chicken with.