Recipe by English_Rose
A salty-sweet glaze, with a chili kick, makes these ribs taste finger-lickin' good!
- 4 lbs pork ribs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 red chili peppers, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, crushed
- 4 ounces dark brown sugar
- 7 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 1⁄2 cups tomato ketchup
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Place the spare ribs on a baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes until cooked through.
- While the ribs are cooking heat the olive oil in a saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and fry until fragrant. Add the chili, fennel seeds and sugar and cook, stirring often, until sugar melted. Add the soy sauce and tomato ketchup. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer for around 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Once the ribs have cooked through, remove them from the oven and brush liberally with half the barbecue sauce, leaving half for later. Return the ribs to the oven and cook for a further 10 minutes to glaze the ribs. Serve with the remaining barbecue sauce on the side.