This is a great all-purpose barbecue sauce. It's great on any type of meat, but for pork, I would double up on the peppers.
- 236.59 ml yellow onion, diced
- 28.39 ml green bell pepper, diced
- 28.39 ml red bell pepper, diced
- 1.23-2.46 ml crushed dried red pepper
- 14.79 ml canola oil or 59.14 ml butter
- 7.39 ml garlic, chopped
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 28.39 ml black pepper
- 59.14 ml light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 59.14 ml dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 118.29 ml honey
- 28.39 ml molasses
- 59.14 ml apple cider vinegar
- 118.29 ml salt water (1/6 cup salt to 1/2 cup water)
- 7.39 ml yellow mustard
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 7.39 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 709.77 ml ketchup
- Saute the onions, peppers, and crushed red pepper in the canola oil or butter over medium heat until lightly browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Add the garlic and simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Add the chili powder, black pepper, brown sugars, honey, and molasses and cook until carmelized. Add the vinegar, salt water, mustard, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the ketchup and simmer for 10 minutes. Let cool before storing.
This is a great BBQ sauce recipe. Very easy to make. I followed the recipe exactly as listed and it turned out perfectly. Thanks for sharing your lovely recipe. I will make this again.