Recipe by Zanna_409104061
This recipe is from an El Paso cookbook by W. Park Kerr, and the flavor is very aromatic with a distinct bite. If you want thicker barbecue sauce, try using a little less lemon juice or Southern Comfort. Makes 4 Cups of sauce, so if yuo have any left over you can cover and refrigerate for up to one month.
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, with added puree
- 1⁄2 cup peach preserves
- 1⁄2 cup Southern Comfort (cannot substitute other bourbons)
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce (I like Frank's Red Hot)
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a medium to large saucepan and stir all the ingredients together over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, turn heat to low, and partially cover the pan (I just leave the spoon in the pan and put the top on the pan).
- Simmer for 30-40 minutes until liquid is reduced, stirring occasionally.
- Cool to room temperature.