- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, uncovered 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If desired, you can add raw chicken to this sauce and let it simmer in the sauce until cooked through. Then shred the chicken and serve on buns for chicken barbecue sandwiches.