Recipe by littleturtle
Tangy and spicy. Good on chicken or ribs.
Top Review by weekend cooker
THIS IS THE SAUCE ! Very easy to make, and most important very tasty. Used some of it for chicken drumsticks, plan on using more this weekend for more chicken. The flavor is fantastic ! The only adjustment I made was I used 1 tablespoon salt, instead of 1 1/2 tablespoons. Excellent sauce.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 4 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat; saute onion for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until reduced to desired thichness and flavors are well blended (about 20 minutes).
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Use to baste meats and poultry when grilling or roasting or use as a dipping sauce.