Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This makes a great barbecue sauce. We have used it on grilled items and oven baked items as well. We like spicy - so I add cayenne pepper for an extra kick! Hint -- I save my barbecue sauce bottles so I can pour this sauce into them. That way what I don't use I can save for use later.
- 2 (18 ounce) bottles barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 (12 ounce) can cola
- In a medium bowl, mix together barbecue sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce, and onion flakes and cayenne pepper.
- Pour in the cola and stir until blended.
I reduced this recipe to just make a couple of cups of sauce for sandwiches with some leftover shredded pork roast. The flavor is perfect. I used Famous Dave's Rich and Sassy BBQ sauce and A-1 Steak sauce. This was sweet but spicy at the same time. Loved the bit of vinegary bite from the steak sauce.