Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My aunt has been making this sauce for years. I use it all the time. It makes the best barbecue chicken! Pure comfort food when added with mashed potatoes ! Yum!
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄3 cup Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 3⁄8 cup butter
- Put all the ingridients into a medium saucepan on medium heat.
- heat through, stirring occassionally.
- Use it on chicken, pork or potatoes.
This is a very tasty sauce. The flavor depends greatly on the specific "hot sauce" you choose, and I will experiment with the "heat" the next times I make it until I find the one that I like best. East to make, and good on beef back ribs (which I used for my first try).
This was a very good barbecue sauce. I used it on country style pork ribs and there were no leftovers.Thanks for a great recipe