Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
A TASTY barbecue sauce for pork, chicken or beef. Why purchase the bottled sauce when you can enjoy more flavor! Easy to prepare and the ingredients are normally on a pantry shelf.
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 celery rib, chopped (optional)
- If using optional onion and celery, saute in a small amount of oil.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour into saucepan. Boil for 1 minute.
- Spoon sauce over choice of meat.
We loved it--we used everything the recipe called for. I have leftover pork that I shredded and added this to. After making the sauce I let it all sit for an hour or so to heat through.
didnt use the onion and celery as I made this to go over the spicy pork steaks that were baked in the oven with the rub. Completed the whole dish nicely. Will make again for other meatsalso.
What a great recipe for the BBQ season - makes for a wonderful tasting sauce. Was great on chicken and am sure it would be great on ribs too. Made using the optionals and have added it to my summer grilling collection. Thank you for sharing. Made for the Auz/NZ August swap.