Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
basic and good
Make and share this Barbecue Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, saute the onion and garlic in vegetable oil until soft.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer 10 minutes.
UPDATING TO A 5-STAR: OKAY - we tried this on some chicken tonight - out of this world :) AWESOME bbq sauce, will definitely be in my keeper cookbook. I really liked the flavors, and I think sitting overnight helped everything blend together nicely. HOT but SWEET too. Loved it !! FN -------------------------------------- I'm giving this a 4, ONLY because I haven't tried it on any meat yet - but I think this is a 5-star sauce. It is VERY TASTY and SPICY HOT (at least for my tastes)...and I think it will be delicious on some grilled chicken...I'll update this real soon with the result. Thanks BennyMade, for a super easy recipe. Made for Fall 2008 PAC.