Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I received this recipe from a friend 30 plus years ago. It has been my favorite for just as long. Tastes great on chicken or ribs.
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons heaping sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- Brown onion in olive oil in a medium saucepan.
- Add sugar, cinnamon and ketchup.
- Cook a few minutes and add vinegar, water, salt, and chili powder.
- Simmer until thickened a bit.
This was a unique tasting BBQ sauce for use. Good, but didn't like the cinnamon flavor in it much. DH said that was the only think he could taste. I think if I make this again I'll leave it out because I believe the other flavors together would be great. Thanks. Made for PAC Fall 08