Recipe by miscellaneousmail
Based on recipe in Martha Stewart Living, January 2007 issue (but better). It covers (well) 10 western-style ribs.
- 56 ounces tomato puree
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup yellow mustard
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, plus a couple more tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 -2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (approximately)
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix tomato puree, water, mustard, brown sugar, molasses, vinegar, garlic, a teaspoon or so of salt, cayenne, and the pepper flakes in a pan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat; simmer until thick, stirring occasionally.
- If you have meat juices, add some.
- Add salt and pepper.