Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A diabetic recipe given to me by my dietician.
- 8 ounces no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- Combine all ingredients. Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator.
The chili powder gives this sauce a distinctive flavor that we enjoyed. I used it to baste grilled chicken and it was very good. Made for Fall 2012 Pick A Chef.