Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious southern recipe- From the 1995 "Heart Healthy Cookbook" of delicious healthy recipes, Edina, MN. Makes about 1 1/2 to 2 cups.
- 2 tablespoons nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 -3 dashes liquid smoke (optional)
- Coat a non-stick skillet with cooking spray.
- Saute onion and celery until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Brush over meat before grilling or baking.
Your sauce really came in handy (since I bought it at the store but it didn't end up in my grocery bag!). I quickly made this up and it fit the bill as a topping for pork sandwiches. Thanks Bec for helping me out today! Roxygirl
Very good! I simmered leftover roast beef in this and used it for sandwiches. Hubby really liked it. It is tasty and not too strong.