Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my family's favorite barbecue sauce. We prefer this over any store-bought bottled sauce. Give it a try and see if you agree!
- 1 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (adjust for heat preference)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
This is a good sauce and couldn't be much easier! I made 1/2 the recipe because I only needed 1 cup to use in some baked beans. I added 1/4 tsp onion powder but otherwise didn't change anything. Thanks for posting!
I made this sauce to use on BBQ chicken the other night and I must say it was fabulous. A nice balance of flavors that my bf and I both really enjoyed. The only thing I changed was I added about a tsp of liquid smoke to the mix. Thanks so much for posting this recipe! I hope many more people enjoy this as much as we did!
I'm not much of a barbecue person - but this recipe rocked!