Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I make several versions of bbqed beef, here is just one of them! Hope you enjoy!
Make and share this Barbecue Sandwiches (Homemade Using Beef Brisket) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup liquid smoke
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, crushed
- 1 (4 lb) beef brisket
- hamburger buns or roll
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cook onion in hot olive oil in a medium saucepan until tender.
- Stir in ketchup and next 4 ingredients.
- In bowl, combine garlic, jalapeno, salt, coriander and cumin seeds; stir well.
- Add to sauce mixture and simmer, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 15 minutes. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Trim excess fat from brisket.
- Place brisket on a sheet of aluminum foil in a roasting pan.
- Spoon 1 cup of sauce over brisket; seal foil around brisket.
- Bake for 3-3 1/2 hours or until meat is very tender.
- Let cool slightly and shred meat. (I use 2 forks to do this.).
- Add 2 cups sauce to shredded meat.
- Serve on hamburger buns with remaining sauce.
- Serves about 8.