4 hrs 20 mins
I make several versions of bbqed beef, here is just one of them! Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup liquid smoke
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, crushed
- 1 (4 lb) beef brisket
- hamburger buns or roll
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Cook onion in hot olive oil in a medium saucepan until tender.
- 3Stir in ketchup and next 4 ingredients.
- 4In bowl, combine garlic, jalapeno, salt, coriander and cumin seeds; stir well.
- 5Add to sauce mixture and simmer, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 15 minutes. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- 6Trim excess fat from brisket.
- 7Place brisket on a sheet of aluminum foil in a roasting pan.
- 8Spoon 1 cup of sauce over brisket; seal foil around brisket.
- 9Bake for 3-3 1/2 hours or until meat is very tender.
- 10Let cool slightly and shred meat. (I use 2 forks to do this.).
- 11Add 2 cups sauce to shredded meat.
- 12Serve on hamburger buns with remaining sauce.
- 13Serves about 8.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecue Sandwiches (Homemade Using Beef Brisket)
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 848.4
- Calories from Fat 560
- Total Fat 62.2 g
- Saturated Fat 24.5 g
- Cholesterol 165.5 mg
- Sodium 1485.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 28.4 g
- Protein 39.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: