Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an excellent way to use that leftover pork roast. Simply shred it up and use it in this wonderful quick-and-easy salad. You can also combine the shredded pork with a small amount of the Cheesy-Barbecue Salad Dressing and have a quick burrito filling! This recipe came from a food magazine but I can't remember which one.
- 1 (16 ounce) package mixed salad greens (6 cups)
- 1⁄3 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green pepper
- 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (3 ounces)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (3 ounces)
- 2 cups shredded cooked pork (or chopped)
- 4 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
Cheesy-Barbecue Salad Dressing
- 3⁄4 cup commercial barbecue sauce
- 1 (9 ounce) can cheddar cheese dip
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Combine mixed lettuces, sliced celery, and chopped green pepper; arrange on plates. Sprinkle with cheeses; top with pork and arrange tomatoes on plates. Serve with Cheesy-Barbecue Salad Dressing.
- To make the dressing, combine all dressing ingredients using a wire whisk; chill. Serve dressing over salad. It is also delicious served over baked potatoes, scambled eggs, steamed broccoli, or wedges of iceberg lettuce. Makes 3 cups.