Use this rub on burgers for a barbecue treat! There is more than enough rub for the beef, but it's great for leftovers on any meat.
- 1⁄2 cup salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, in the raw
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic granules
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 lbs ground beef
- Combine all ingredients except ground beef. Mix well. Shape ground beef into patties. Season each patty lightly on both sides with rub.
- Grill burgers until done to liking about 4 minutes on each side.
- Store any leftover rub in an airtight container.