Recipe by Deb's Recipes
Don't heat your kitchen up by turning on the oven! This recipe (from Cooking Light Magazine, May 2001) provides baking instructions, but these delicious salmon fillets also cook up in a snap on the George Foreman grill.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Very good! I love Cooking Light recipes, and this one is full of flavor and different from most other recipes. Quick to fix, made and easy weeknight meal. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine pineapple juice, lemon juice, and salmon fillets in a large Ziploc bag; seal bag and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Remove fish from bag and discard marinade; combine brown sugar, chili powder, lemon rind, cumin, salt, and cinnamon; coat salmon fillets evenly with spice mixture; arrange fillets in a lightly oiled baking dish.
- Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.