Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This sauce is especially good with pork ribs, because of the apple flavoring.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple juice
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon schnapps (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 -4 drops Tabasco sauce (or to taste)
- Saute the onions in the vegetable oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients bring to a boil-reduce heat and simmer for an hour, uncovered.
Great recipe, the apple juice really does justice to this sauce. I made a mistake and put white sugar instead of vinegar so the next time I make it ;I'll review it again.
Tried this twice this weekend once with ribs. Then the next day on chicken, though I subsituted a can of frozen orange juice for the apple juice when I did the chicken. The schnapps is great alone when chilled too! LOL.