Barbecue Recipes, formerly Patio Recipes revised January, 1985
Make and share this Barbecue Recipes Grilled Pork Spareribs recipe from Food.com.
- Cut ribs into serving pieces, allowing about 3/4 lb. per serving.
- Brown ribs over hot coals or in heavy skillet on your kitchen range.
- Mix together remainder of ingredients. Pour over ribs and allow to stand for 24 hours.
- Remove ribs from sauce, retaining sauce for basting.
- Either thread ribs, accordian style, on a spit or lay them on the grill. Either way, a drip pan or foil should be placed on coals to prevent flare-ups from the fat drippings.
- Baste with barbecue sauce and cook long and slowly, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Ribs can also be marinated before cooking and the marinade used as a basting sauce.
- After ribs are cook, pour on remaining sauce and serve.
- To save time and insure moistness, parboil ribs before grilling, by cooking in boiling water for 5-10 minutes.