Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Great tossed with greens, tomatoes, corn, avacado, and black beans.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 -3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Whisk the garlic, mayonnaise, buttermilk, and 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce together in a medium bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth. Taste and add more barbecue sauce if desired and season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
Made half a cup for sauce on a Southwestern Chicken flatbread. Used Black Bean Hummus for the Black Bean hummus, with homemade flatbread. Will love using the leftovers.
I really enjoyed this dressing over a romaine lettuce salad. I used a Jack Daniels bbq sauce and it was just right. Thanks! Made for 123 Hit Wonders game.
Made for your Wk 13 Football Pool win, I really liked this tasty dressing. While Icelanders eat their salad "naked", I prefer them dressed & make my own dressing. I do not care for black beans & a good avocado is fairly rare here, so I used it on a taco salad made w/seasoned grd beef, shredded cheese & all the salad fixins in my fridge. It was delicious & I think would be esp good w/a grilled chicken salad for summer fare. Thx for this recipe & CONGRATS on your FP win. :-)