Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delicious salad with a southwestern flair! One of my favorites! Just make sure the red onion you use isn't a strong one. Cooking time is refrigeration time.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- 4 celery ribs, washed and sliced thin
- 1 large bell pepper, seeded and sliced into short sticks
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped fine
- 1 (14 ounce) can corn kernels, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄3 cup of your favorite prepared barbecue sauce (I like Jack Daniel's)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons light sour cream
- Mix all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl, and pour over the salad. Toss to coat, and chill 1 hour before serving. You can serve this over some shredded lettuce, if desired.
Great combination of flavours! I had mine wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla.
This was good! I didn't add the onion but added onion powder, and omitted the green pepper. I put it in a jalepeno and cheese wrap and it was tasty. The flavor did mellow out the next day. Thanks for a great recipe!
After finishing the salad, I remembered that I had a bunch of cilantro. I chopped up about half of the bunch and added it to the salad. The salad was very good as is, but the cilantro added just that little bit of extra something.