From Cooking Light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1To make the chicken: combine the first 6 ingredients; rub surface of chicken with brown sugar mixture.
- 2Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- 3Add in chicken; cook 2 minutes on each side; remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- 4Add onion to skillet; stir/saute 2 minutes or until tender.
- 5Return chicken to pan; add in broth.
- 6Bring to a boil, cover, lower heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until chicken is done.
- 7Remove chicken from pan; shred with 2 forks.
- 8Return chicken to pan; bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
- 9Stir in balsamic vinegar.
- 10To make the cucumbers: combine cider vinegar and the next 3 ingredients in a large zip-lock plastic bag; seal and marinate in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- 11Remove cucumbers from bag; discard marinade.
- 12Spoon 1 cup chicken mixture onto bottom half of each bun.
- 13Top each with 1/4 cup cucumber mixture and top half of bun.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecue Pulled Chicken With Marinated Cucumbers
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.0
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 837.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 26.6 g
- Protein 30.8 g