Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Cooking Light.
Make and share this Barbecue Pulled Chicken With Marinated Cucumbers recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 4 hamburger buns
- To make the chicken: combine the first 6 ingredients; rub surface of chicken with brown sugar mixture.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- Add in chicken; cook 2 minutes on each side; remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add onion to skillet; stir/saute 2 minutes or until tender.
- Return chicken to pan; add in broth.
- Bring to a boil, cover, lower heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken from pan; shred with 2 forks.
- Return chicken to pan; bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar.
- To make the cucumbers: combine cider vinegar and the next 3 ingredients in a large zip-lock plastic bag; seal and marinate in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Remove cucumbers from bag; discard marinade.
- Spoon 1 cup chicken mixture onto bottom half of each bun.
- Top each with 1/4 cup cucumber mixture and top half of bun.
OMG I have been looking for this recipe for years. I tried it from the magazine long ago and it was amazing. The cucumbers definitely put it over the top. Over the years and after we moved i could not find the recipe or the magazine, i was bummed. i even went to the CL website to search for it with no luck. thank you, thank you i won't lose it this time.
Delicious ! I didn't make the cucumbers, but will try that next time. The only thing I did different was add to regular bottled BBQ sauce at the end to guarantee the BBQ flavor