Deeelicious and quick BBQ for everyone! Sweet and spicy....this one really hits the spot!
Make and share this Barbecue Pulled Chicken Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons grill seasoning (like McCormick's)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 12 hamburger buns
- Heat stock in shallow pan to a low simmer.
- Add chicken to stock.
- Poach chicken for 5 minutes each side.
- Remove chicken to plate to cool. Reserve stock for sauce.
- In a large bowl mix together all sauce ingredients, EXCEPT the flour.
- Add mixed ingredients to simmering stock, reserved from poaching the chicken.
- Let liquid reduce for 5 minutes.
- Cut cooled chicken into strips.
- Add chicken into the simmering liquid.
- Shred chicken until it looks like pulled pork.
- Add the tbsp of flour.
- Let cook until sauce thickens.
- Serve on a lightly toasted onion roll and enjoy!