1/3 Photos of Barbecue Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
Deeelicious and quick BBQ for everyone! Sweet and spicy....this one really hits the spot!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons grill seasoning (like McCormick's)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 12 hamburger buns
- 1Heat stock in shallow pan to a low simmer.
- 2Add chicken to stock.
- 3Poach chicken for 5 minutes each side.
- 4Remove chicken to plate to cool. Reserve stock for sauce.
- 5In a large bowl mix together all sauce ingredients, EXCEPT the flour.
- 6Add mixed ingredients to simmering stock, reserved from poaching the chicken.
- 7Let liquid reduce for 5 minutes.
- 8Cut cooled chicken into strips.
- 9Add chicken into the simmering liquid.
- 10Shred chicken until it looks like pulled pork.
- 11Add the tbsp of flour.
- 12Let cook until sauce thickens.
- 13Serve on a lightly toasted onion roll and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecue Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.7
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 519.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 23.6 g
- Protein 17.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: