Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Since most of my family is allergic to pork, this is my alternative to a pulled meat sandwich. Enjoy! We did!
- 1 boneless sirloin tip roast, thawed
- 3 cups barbecue sauce (hickory smoke)
- 0.5 (8 ounce) bottle beer (optional)
- 1 large Spanish onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Completely thaw roast; Trim excess fat if desired (mine was trimmed already); Place in crock pot.
- In large measuring cup/medium bowl: Mix together barbecue sauce; beer; vinegar; Worcestershire sauce and mixed spices.
- Cover roast with onions; Pour barbecue sauce mixture over roast.
- Cover and cook on high 4-6 hours (longer for larger roasts) until tender, falling apart.
- Remove roast from crock pot and shred.
- Return meat to crock pot and coat meat evenly with sauce.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or on hamburger/Kaiser buns, or bread of your choice.
Great basic recipe, nice flavor combination! I used Baby Rae's hickory bbq sauce and added a Ruby Ale beer. Served with oven baked pub fries. And a dark chocolate brownie ala mode for dessert. Thanks for sharing DarkCloudChef.