Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great for the bbq, or even camping out. Enjoy. (Requires 10 sticks of wood, with bark peeled off, as cooking implements)
- 1 (8 ounce) packagepillsbury refrigerated buttermilk biscuits or 1 (8 ounce) packagesweetmilk biscuits
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds or 2 tablespoons coarse salt (optional)
- Seperate dough into 10 pieces.
- Flour hands and a flat surface.
- Roll each piece of dough into a 10" rope.
- Wind each dough rope around a stick, leaving space between spirals and pinching dough together tightly at each end.
- If desired, roll in salt or sesame seeds, pressing coating into dough.
- Bake over coals, turning to bake and toast evenly (about 4 minutes per pretzel).
- To remove from stick, twist pretzel counter clockwise, then turn clockwise and pull off.
- Serve with tangy barbecued Beans.
This was quite a nice surprise! I wasn't sure about this but they really do taste quite nice. I made pretzel rods and did them on the grill. I used kosher salt for seasoning.