Prep 35 mins
Cook 5 mins
Yummy prawns for the BBQ. You may know prawns as shrimps.
- 1 1⁄2 kg green shrimp, peeled and deveined
- bamboo skewer (soaked in cold water to prevent burning)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemons or 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- Combine all the ingredients except prawns and bamboo skewers to make a marinade.
- Mix prawns into the marinade and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Thread 4 prawns onto each skewer and barbecue over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes each side.
- Serve with salad.
Wonderful BBQ'd prawns! We don't get the big, big, big green prawns that you have so I had to have 6 per skewer, used cilantro instead of Italian parsley (are they similar? I'm not sure but cilantro worked)- everything turned out great thanks Dale!
What a legend u r! I had to use crushed chilli as my kids can't have the sugar that's in the chilli sauce. The ingredients blended in so well together and I ended up having to eat the sausages we put on for the kids cause they ate all my prawns as well as their own :P Thanks for this recipe!!! Go the Aussies :)
Found this to be quite sweet. It may have been the because my chilli sauce has honey in it on top of the hive honey that I used, which is sweeter than shop bought. Will cut back the honey to 1 Tbsp next time. Otherwise very nice.