Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious grilled prawn will add spice to any occasion.
- 1 lb king prawns
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 3 finely chopped green chili peppers
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- Clean and devein prawns. Add turmeric powder, salt, mix and set aside.
- Grind together green chilies, garlic, ginger, and red chili powder. Add the prawns from Step 1, mix thoroughly and set aside for 30 minutes.
- 3Barbeque in a charcoal fired grill or oven. Preheat the oven to 350 deg. Put prawns in skewers. Keep the skewers on the separator in the oven. Place a tray below the separator. Bake at 350 deg for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve hot.
This is special prawn recipe! We loved it. I cut the recipe in half and pan fried the Prawns for apprx 5 minutes until they just turned pink. The spice blend is perfect. Just enough for flavor but it doesn't take over. Served with Fennel, new carrots and a roasted potato. Thanks roja Khan for posting this recipe