Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These potatoes have a ton of flavor, you can even make these on an outdoor grill in a large heavy foil pan covered with a sheet of foil or wrap the potatoes in a sheet of heavy foil, have done that many times in the summer season--- all seasonings may be adjusted to taste.
Top Review by Mark & Stacy
Another Kittencal pleaser! We halved the recipe, since the kids won't eat potatoes that aren't mashed anyway, and could have fed 3 adults with what we made. Tender, flavorful, simple. My husband grilled them in a cast iron dutch oven. Will do again!!
- 8 large red potatoes (about 5 pounds)
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- black pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together all spices with the oil in a large bowl.
- Cut the potatoes in quarters, then place in the bowl; toss to coat with oil/spice mixture.
- Place the potatoes on a lightly greased baking sheet, sprinkle with more salt and pepper if desired.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes,or until potatoes are fork-tender tossing occasionally.