Recipe by Boyz 5
Ooooh Yummm!!!! I just love this recipe!!! The sauce is just fantastic!! So simple and so easy, done up in your slow cooker. Use more or less water, based on your preference. I omit the water completely as I like a really thick, rich sauce.
- 2 lbs lean pork roast, cubed
- 7 1⁄2 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons molasses (not blackstrap)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- hamburger bun, split (buttered) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 12 ingredients in 3 1/2 quart slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove pork with slotted spoon to large bowl.
- Working with a few pieces at a time on plate, shred pork with 2 forks.
- Pork may be stirred into sauce and served over each bun half, or may be inserted into buns as a sandwich.