Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
An outside the norm pizza--awesome flavor.
Make and share this Barbecue Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- This pizza is an anything goes pizza--whatever you like.
- Chunk your peppers, tomato and onions. Leave your pineapple rings whole, but pat dry; set aside.
- Combine the oil, garlic power and seasoning and with a basting brush coat all the veg and fruit.
- Grill on LOW heat for approximately 15 minutes turning when necessary so all sides get grill marks and the skin on the peppers separates from the flesh easily.
- In a frying pan - remove the skin from the sausage and scramble fry. Do not over crisp--remember the sausage is going to cook more on the pizza.
- Let all your veg and fruit cool so you can handle it. Remove the skin from the peppers and cut into strips. Separate the onion layers and prepare to dress your pizza.
- Put a layer of sauce on your pre-made crust - a little cheese - then arrange your toppings as desired. Top with cheese - make sure you are even rather than center heavy for even cooking.
- BBQ should still be on LOW heat (250-300°F)- Sprayed with non stick or rubbed with oil so the crust doesn't stick. Place your loaded pizza directly on the grill - close the lid and allow to cook for 10 minutes before you lift the lid and move the pizza around. shuffle the pizza around so no side is hotter or cooked more than the other - and close the lid again for another 10 minutes - after 20 minutes - watch and check every so often until your cheese is melted and your crust is nice and crispy.
- Remove - cool - slice and dine -- so good and sweet from the BBQ'd veggies and fruit.