Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Great for appetizers, this recipe is a little different from the usual pigs in a blanket. The recipe comes from a community cookbook.
- 32 cocktail franks
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 8 ounces refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- Saute weiners in barbecue sauce and maple syrup until heated through. Cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Separate crescents into triangles. Cut each triangle into 4 wedges, making 4 very thin, long triangles. Wrap one triangle of dough around each coctail weiner and pinch the ends to seal.
- Arrange on ungreased baking sheets and bake at 350º until golden, about 10-12 minutes.
fantastic!! i whipped these up the day before my super bowl party, i didn't bake, but froze on cookie sheet, then stored in large zip lock bag. for the party, i just put on cookie sheet, brushed the crescent parts with egg wash and sprinkled with cracked black pepper and sea salt. i used garlic butter flavored crescents. i also doubled the recipe and not one was left!! even my dd loved the combination of the bbq sauce with the maple syrup. thanks for posting!
These were amazing and it was the first time my kids had ever had pigs in a blanket. Next time I am going to have to double the recipe. Thanks for posting.
I've made this recipe 3 times in the last two weeks. They are delicious. Even my boyfriend ate them and he usually won't eat anything new!