Recipe by LeahBurgoon
When I create sauces or rubs from scratch, I don't measure. I created this one today to use on frozen pearl onions I had. Since today is jammie day in our house, I was not going to get dressed and go out, so I had to use things I already had in the house. It was also Memorial Day, so we had to grill something. I served this with an herb marinated pork loin. **Notes: 1. These measurements are approximates. This was a pour and dump recipe. 2. If you change anything make sure you post it in the comments. 3. When I made this I defrosted the onions in the marinade.**
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
Love these onions. We can't buy pearl onions in Australia -- not like the ones available in the USA -- so I used two fresh brown (yellow) onions cut into chunks. Love the balance of flavours and the gravy that was created. Served with chorizo sausages and over mashed potatoes. Will make this often as a side dish. Thanks for posting. Made for Pick A Chef 2013.
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup white pearl onion (I used frozen.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk all ingredients until combined.
- Add frozen pearl onions to coat.
- Marinate until pearl onions are thawed or until ready to use -- I recommend at least two hours.
- Wrap in foil pouch.
- Poke a couple of holes in packet.
- Toss on grill for 30 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy.